Parents, Teachers and Paras - Together For Our School Community
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) serves an important fund raising, communication, and advocate role in our school. The PTA works with the local community to supply programs and events for students and their families.
The general membership meetings are the third Tuesday of every month of the school year. Virtual Meetings are at 6:30 pm
The email for the PTA is 21K215PA@schools.nyc.gov
Executive Board Members 2020-2021
Co-President: Lucille Intogna
Co-President: Joleen Crumbley
Vice President: Temur Dranker
Treasurer: Dana Parascando
Recording Secretary: Stefanie Fischetti
The April general membership and 2021 PTA, SLT and Title 1 elections virtual meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 6:30 PM. Please contact the school parent coordinator, Rosie Sallustio, at firstname.lastname@example.org check the Remind App for information on registering.
- Attendees for this election meeting must register in advance.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Attendees must logon by 6:45 pm in order to vote or run for a position.
To maximize our meeting time, please:·
- Login to zoom with your child’s student email address
- Have the last 4 numbers of your child’s student ID number (you can find this on your child’s mystudent.nyc account) – this will be used to verify you as a parent of a PS215 student. Unverified parents/guardians will not be able to run or vote in the election·
- Type your legal first and last name in Zoom
- If you join the meeting after 6:45pm you will be unable to run for a position or vote in the elections
- Verify parents/guardians
- Call to Order· President’s Report
- Distribution and approval of March minutes
- Treasurer’s Report – Distribution of Reports
- Principal’s Report
- Old Business
- New Business
- Questions & Answers
- Open nominations from the floor
- The following Executive Board Positions are open:
- Core Positions: President/Co-Presidents, Treasurer, Recording Secretary
- Non-Core Positions: Vice President, Financial Secretary, Corresponding Secretary, Virtual Support Liaison (new position)
- Candidate Speaking Time
- PTA Election of Candidates for 2021-2022
- Selection and appointment of representative/designee, if required
- School Leadership Team (SLT) - Election of 6 parent positions
Title I Parent Advisory Council (PAC) Meeting
- Call to order
- Election for 2 years Title I PAC members
- Selection/appointment of Title I Chairperson and Alternate