Daily Health Screening
Daily Health Screening for Students and Staff
In alignment with NYS Department of Health guidance, a health screening and questionnaire (including temperature checks) must be completed by all students and school staff before entering DOE school facilities each day.
Use the Online Health Screening tool to prescreen before coming to the building:
- Results will be sent to your email. Upon entering the facility, you will be asked to provide the results of your screening either by showing the emailed results on your phone or by printing the results and bringing a paper copy with you.
- Parents/Guardians can sign into the screening tool for students. You will need your child's nyc student account and password (The student account is the same account, ending in @nycstudent.net, that you used to set-up your child in Google Classroom). If you do not have the information ready, you can sign in as a guest and complete the form.
- Prescreen the day of your arrival. Screening results are only valid until midnight of that day.
- For faster access, add the health screening tool to your mobile phone home screen by scrolling down and selecting "add this tool to your phone".
In-person health screening at the school:
- If you are not able to pre-screen online or download/print a copy, you will be required to complete a screening assessment in person at the school before entering.
- In person screening will delay your entry into the building.
- experienced any symptoms of COVID-19, including a fever of 100.0°F or greater, a new cough, new loss of taste or smell or shortness of breath, within the past 10 days.
- In the past 10 days, gotten a positive result from a COVID-19 test that tested saliva or used a nose or throat swab.
- To the best of their knowledge, in the past 14 days, been in close contact (within 6 feet for at least 10 minutes) with anyone who tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19.
- Traveled internationally or from a state with widespread community transmission of COVID19 per the New York State Travel Advisory in the past 14 days.
Daily School Site Temperature Checks
- Schools will be screening people entering the building at random
- Face coverings and gloves will be worn by designated staff taking temperatures.
- Students with a temperature of 100.0°F or higher will be sent to the School Isolation Room and their parent / guardian will be called to immediately pick-up their child.
- School-based staff and any visitor with a temperature of 100.0°F or higher will be directed to leave the building.
Schools are prohibited to record or track staff or student temperatures or other health information.